Friday, June 01, 2007

Seven Things

1. I have an obsession for Vanilla Ice’s “Ice Ice Baby”. I have my very own dance I choreographed in 1990 with the help of Jen and Laura. My bother Mike was in on the action that summer night, but I still do not think he will admit to it. I have done the Ice Ice baby dance for many occasions and for many folks. The most recent was my wedding. This was the last time it has been seen. I have preformed in many different bars in Florida and Georgia. Yes, I was pretty drunk most of the time when I did the dance.

2. The first time I tried to cook breakfast was a disaster. I was about 8 years old and I wanted to make croissants for breakfast. The directions on the package were for convection and conventional ovens. Somehow I read the convection oven to be a convenient oven and than decided that the microwave was convenient. Let’s just say it was bad, real bad. I put raw dough in the microwave for 10 to 12 minutes and after about 3 the worst smell ever began to filter over the whole house. I still hate to cook breakfast.

3. I stuck an eraser up my nose when I was 10 years old. It was an accident but it did land me in the ER.

4. When I met my husband for the first time, he was carrying a keg of beer.

5. Our first date was a court date. I had a ticket for defective equipment. He had an expired tag and a seat belt violation. My ticket was dismissed he paid a fine. I had to pay for dinner.

6. I have been to 12 weddings. I have been either a bridesmaid or had a reading in all but one of them. I have learned I get super emotional at weddings and I am a horrible reader because I cry my way through it. Put me in a dress and hand me a bouquet and I am better, but not by much.

7. I really enjoy a cold beer. OK who am I kidding I enjoy a FEW cold beers. Right now at 2:30 AM, a cold beer and a blog are a good way to wrap up a long day. It is my quiet time. So if I ever misspell or just do not make any sense you know why.

Have a great weekend all my blogging buddies.

6 comments:

Chris said...

That's hysterical...next time you come to town I'm coming over to Tara's to see that dance! LOL!
The first date is funny too.

Anonymous said...

ahh, your man was holding a keg of beer when you met him. that would have sealed the deal right there for me, girl. :) that's too funny about both of y'alls court dates. and i can't cook squat. oh, we all loved Ice Ice Baby in 7th and 8th grade. that song was a classic! love that picture!

Tara said...

I will never forget your wedding and that dance. I think I stood there with my mouth wide open, catching flies. It was definitely something.

Anonymous said...

Ha-now I really, really want to see you break it down to vanilla ice!

Katy S. said...

It could have been such a better show if the DJ played the original ICE ICE BABY insted of some jacked up remix!! YO VANILLA KICK IT ONE TIME!!!!

Heather said...

I have pictures of that dance! It was HILARIOUS!

I actually knew most of these things, I guess I've paid attention these last 10 years.