Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dinner Time

My parents are eating chicken enchiladas and I am stuck with this plastic ring of keys.
This stinks.

Come on daddy, give me some of the good stuff. You know you want to. Mommy just read the Gerber Spoonful book to you. She got in the mail today and I can do almost everything I should before I attempt to eat off a spoon.


Come on just some cereal and formula mixed together. Please daddy????


I know you would cave!! I rule the jungle!!


This is rather messy and I am not sure what to do here.


OK I may not be ready for this just yet


Why does the darn camera focus on my daddy's hand??


It does make a cute picture!

Well as you can see we attempted to feed the bottomless pit cereal with a spoon and it was not a complete disaster. There was more on him than in him. I do think we will wait a few more weeks to try this one again.
Most of the time we will eat dinner while he is asleep. I learned that we should introduce him to the dinner table now and have him hold a spoon. Well, the spoon almost poked his eye out. So we decided to stick the spoon where it belongs, in his mouth.

Big Derrick is so ready for Little Derrick to eat off a spoon he bought jars of baby food 3 weeks ago.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derrick looks so darn cute in that little chair! Have a wonderful weekend with your guys this Memorial Day weekend, Katy! Hope you all have lots of fun! :)

Chris said...

He looks like he enjoys the BUMBO seat! Give it a couple weeks and try him again. It's ok if it's messy....that's the fun part! We started Linds on those little first start size beechnut ones and they were the perfect size for her to start experimenting. He's going to love it!

Heather said...

Yea for Derrick and Derrick. It just takes time. You have to try several days in a row before they really get a right. (We're still working on Cheerios and Elena still wears a LOT of her food.)

Give the rice cereal for a while, then work your way up to veggies & fruits. But definately make sure the cereal is runny when you start and then thicken up. I made the mistake of starting too thick.

Tara said...

We're still fighting the uphill battle with Evan and food. Most of the time, we mix baby food in the cereal and it works okay. He's impatient about waiting on us though. He'll get there. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Its funny how at first when they see the spoon coming towards them, they have no idea they need to open their mouth! I think it took David about a week to catch on to that...I knew he was ready for it though because he wasn't sleeping through the night as well as he had previously.