Friday, May 18, 2007

TWO MEN AND MY BABY

This is Nate

This is Nate with Derrick and Derrick

This is Nate, Derrick and Derrick getting the truck ready for the road.


This morning I had to say goodbye to my men and Nate as they left to go to south Florida. They are heading down to see Grandma and Great-grandma Wenna, who is in from Jamaica to meet her Great Grandson for the first time. Baby Derrick will visit with countless cousins, uncles and aunts that he met last month. The boys will probably see Big John, his lady Arrianna, Sharron, Andy and their son Cameron, and of course Guido.
I have to admit that I was worried about Derrick with the baby alone on the road. Derrick asked Nate to join him for the big trip. THANK YOU NATE!! I will buy your next Mojito.
I sent my boys off with big hugs and kisses. I thought I would be happy for some baby free, shopping, errands, house cleaning and beer drinking. I am already missing them. It has only been an hour.


7 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you do get to enjoy your time alone. Your boys will be fine. Nate's a good guy to go on a multi-hour car trip with an infant for a Mojito.

Anonymous said...

Dang,i'm jealous! :) Where do you live? I may just show up on your doorstep! :)

Tara said...

You're free of Nate too! You really can enjoy a nice vacation now. You're a great mom to be able to let go and let the boys take off by themselves.

Anonymous said...

They will be home before you know it. Take a bubble bath for me will ya? So who Nate, and what is a mojito?

Anonymous said...

why, andrea! i'm glad you asked...

a Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail drink which became popular in the US during the late 1890's. Mojo means mixture and that's exactly what this little cocktail is.....a popular rum based summer drink whose key ingredient is mint.....

um, well, yeah, i know that becuz someone i know used to love them alot. yeah, someone.

damn. i need to get to a meeting. hehe.;)

Chris said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm not sure I could have done that when Lindsay was that age. I of course would have HAD too b/c if I couldn't have gone my hubby would have been like "taking the baby...bye bye".
ENJOY your weekend. It will be over before ya know it. Go get a mani/pedi and treat YOURSELF to a mojito!! ((((HUGS))) to you girl, don't worry your boys will be fine!

Anonymous said...

Well thanks Katie! Obviously I've never tried one, but I'm betting I would still like margaritas better!