Monday, June 04, 2007

Project day!

Dear Aunt Tara, Uncle Mike and Cousin Evan,
Thank you so much for my exer saucer. My daddy put it together last weekend for me. He had a real hard time with it. Grandma was in town so she kept me entertained while he worked on this through 2 Trading Spaces episodes and half a Real Simple episode. Here are a few pictures mommy took. The first one is Daddy getting all the parts out of all the plastic bags (no he did not let me play with the plastic bags).

Here is grandma keeping me happy during the first hour.


Dad finally began to look at the directions. They are helpful there pops!

Grandma is teasing me with a chocolate candy bar. It looks so yummy.
It is beginning to look right there daddy.


Blessed bovines this is the coolest thing yet. I have horses, lions, elephants a bird of some kind and a circus tent that sings "Does your Chain Hang Low?" This rocks!!!
Thank you so much for such a great gift. I have really enjoyed the exer saucer. It would be really cool if you can make a trip down sometime to play with me so you can see in real life how cool this thing is.

Oh and to see my mom and dad too. They miss you. My dad is a little nuts with the tools so you better watch out and do not let him fix anything.

Anyway, it is time for some grub and a nap. Oh and by the way, my daddy does have other t shirts. He just never wears them. He likes this one because it is "air conditioned". I just think it is old with all the holes in the arm pits. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Derrick


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Derrick staring at Grandma's candy bar. And the exersaucer should be fun for him. Joe loved his!

Tara said...

Great pictures! Little D should love the saucer. Evan is in his at least 3 times a day. I'm glad I bought used ones though. Putting that together didn't look fun. If you can't make it up at the end of the month, we'll take some time next month and come your way...especially now that the smoke and fires are getting contained.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative...as I said before...keep 'em coming!

Christy J said...

He is absolutely adorable!!!!!

Chris said...

Hey there! Thanks for all the comments you left on my blog. I was having trouble commenting on vacation but I was reading. Those pics are so cute. I can't believe how grown he's getting already. WOW! He'll love the saucer and SO WILL YOU! Lindsay won't sit in hers long anymore. Enjoy it.