Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Birthday number 30 has come and gone

When I came home from work on Sunday, this was the first thing I saw. Derrick eating the greatest gift ever.
OK. My birthday was Sunday and I turned 30. Yes again. Last year I was unable to properly celebrate 30 so I wanted to hoop it up this year. Well not so lucky. I was at the good old JOB for the morning and went out for Chicken Fried Steak ( the greatest meal known to man) for dinner with some folks. Work has been killing me lately. I seem to have little time for family and friends these days. I missed every phone call from my peeps wishing me a Happy Birthday. SOOO SORRY. Thank you Rob, Heather, Tara, Mike, Dad, Shannon and Caleb, Molly, Jackie, Shannon and Nicole for the birthday calls. Heather that was a kick butt post of the birthdays of the past. I had some tears.

Remember as kids we could not wait for the birthday. The cake, the presents and the party??? Now we are just a year older. Yep still cake, still presents and some kind of throw down within a week or so. But no where the caliper it was as a kid. I say next year we all vow to celebrate the birthday like we did as kids. Now work all play. I do not care if your day is on a Monday. Screw it. Your birthday is your day. TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!! Get the day off. Go to Chuckie Cheese, the bowling alley, skating rink or even the bowling alley JUST GO!!! Have your day back.
I miss all of my family and friends.
I love you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a riot! i 2nd that! we all need to take our birthdays back and do 'em up right! if that means downing tequila from a funnel and smoking a few fatties then so be it, man!!! haha!
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, KATY!!!

Tara said...

I'm just glad to know you're still alive and out there. I hate that work is taking advantage of you. Hugs and kisses from us to you all!

Heather said...

I'm all for returning to the enjoying of a birthday, my haven't been the best lately.

Happy birthday again, Katy!

Chris said...

I always try to take my bday off. I hate working on my bday...HATE IT! I'm very selfish about that. I just don't want other people SCREWING UP MY DAY! Last year I got crazy and worked for some reason and two hours into my day I told myself I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS NEXT YEAR!
Happy Belated! Sorry I ranted...tee,hee. Want me to tell you how I REALLY feel??? LOL!
Good to see you back on the blog too.