Last week life really fell, into perspective for me. One chapter in my life, no wait one volume in my life ended when I found out we were pregnant last year. Soon a new book was in the works. Before June of 2006, I loved to go out with friends any given night for a night of drunken debauchery. Wake up the next morning ad do it all over again. Derrick and I could just pack up the trusty Dodge and make a trip out of town. Now, I have to mark in in my day planner days, weeks or even months in advance just to see someone who lives here. OK back to the story, two rather big parts of my young life were being torn down. I also realized why my friend Shannon would say "I can not hang with the big girls". I will make this three post blog. A mini series of blogs if I may.Hopper Hall was my home for two years. It was my first home away from home. I met many dear friends while living in this dorm. Do not get me wrong I knew some WHACK JOBS TOO!! I still keep in touch with some of the girls (the cool ones), not the whack jobs). I lived in 109 South and 158. OK they were the same room, between my two years they did a remodel and renumbered all the rooms. Now it is a pile of rubbleHere is what is left of HOPPER HALL

My room is just about where the bulldozer is.

Still where the bulldozer is

Hopper just looks so sad

Next post will be JP's bar.
3 comments:
"A mini series of blogs if i may". girl, you had me cracking up with that.yes, you may! this post is classic. can't wait to hear more. i know all too well about drunken debauchery. but with joe now, i try to limit myself to twice weekly booze fests. :) glad you had so much fun with your girls, katy! :)
Cool post, sorry your memorable home is in rubble. I guess I'll keep up with one of your whack jobs so you don't have to. :)
Its hard not to feel a little sentimental about it all, no? But then it just makes you feel plain "old"!
Post a Comment