RIP
2000 Saturn SC2
"Blackberry Brandy"
2/03/00
350 Miles
02/22/08
78,178 Miles
It has been made official, the car is dead. As of inspection date of 02/25/08 the old trusty Saturn's results were as bad as we anticipated. The frame was crumpled. That meant a total loss. All the papers have been signed and she will hauled off to be sold off for working parts. Or as I would like to say, Organ Donation.
So now the fun part. What in the heck do I get????? New? Used? Car? Van? Crossover? SUV??
We have been looking for the last 4 months or so abut now we are in need. Heck, the old Saturn did not even hold a car seat in the back, much less 2.
Baby 2 and I are doing well. A bit sore at times but ok.



3 comments:
Awwww, the poor Saturn. She could have gone out a little nicer but at least you're getting a new car, or whatever you chose. Go see who will give you the best deal. Good luck with searching and I'm glad that you are feeling okay.
Ohhh...RIP Saturn girl..I had an SL2 burgandy many moons ago and it was a good car. I would rec checking out some SUV's and mini vans (yes, I said the dreaded mini van word) just to really see what you think you need space wise. Two car seats, two parents on any kind of road trip take up a lot of space. I have a HONDA accord and I love my car! When we can afford a second family car we're looking at the Honda Passport or the Odyssey. Thankfully Mike has a work car and an old beat up jeep so we don't have to have two payments. My car will be paid off when the baby is due!!! Then we'll be looking to get a new/used "family car". Can't wait to see what you end up with...I hate making those decisions. GOOD LUCK and again SOOOO GLAD YOU BOTH are A-OK!
It's a hard passing, sorry to hear about it. I am glad you are feeling better & that Baby #2 is doing okay.
Old Ruby is starting to show her age, so we've been shopping. I don't know how big you're looking to get but the Mazda CX9, Toyota Highlander, and Saturn Outlook look good to us. Saturn's website has this nifty comparison feature where you can look at up to 4 different vehicles' stats.
Post a Comment