Thursday, September 13, 2007

On the Move


Derrick George is all over the place. I have found myself forever by his side making sure he does not make another hard fall. I loved the fact that we had hard wood floors, until Little Man started to knock himself silly. We picked up a small pack of the floor squares to help with the blows but he still misses some times.


He has been pulling him self up on the regular for the last week or so. I have developed more gray hair. He loves to attack the bookshelf in the living room. He will pull each photo down, talk to it and then drop it on the floor. Other favs include the coffee table (he really does not like the taste of it) and Derrick's leather recliner. His exersaucer, bumbo, piano and bouncing chair are up on the list too. Yesterday, he made his way up my leg!!!!!!. My sitter said he will pull himself up on their couch and inch himself down some. I was reading a baby mag and it said that most kids start to pull up around 8 months. We are 7 and a week.





He really is pulling him self up. I am just too scared that he will make a head first dive onto the hardwood floors to take a pic. I am sure you get the idea.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's growing up fast, ain't he? Before you knonw it he'll be racing all over the house! he's at such a great age right now!
Have an awesome weekend, Katy! :)

Tara said...

Our kids are just a little quicker than the ones in the baby magazines. Evan has been all over. I'm waiting for him to start walking any minute. He is trying to walk holding one hand right now.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain as we have hardwoods too and it was scary fro me when David was just learning to walk.

Heather said...

I guess all three of them started right around 7 months. We stressed big time with the tile. Luckily, mostly they fall on their padded bottoms.