Remembering 09/11
We all know the devastation that 9/11 left. Thousands of lives were lost and every one's life changed. My brother is a firefighter and my husband is a cop and I worry about them everyday. A few years ago my brother came down for a visit and gave me a book titled Brotherhood. It is a collection of pictures post 9/11 of firehouses, fire fighters and police officers. There is a section of children's artwork that was given to fire fighters after 9/11 that would bring tears to any one's eyes. I pulled the book out and showed Derrick George and told him about what happened.
Tonight at work I met a little boy and today was his birthday. His mom said he was born 10 minutes after the second plane hit the WTC. She said as lives left this world, lives came into the world. The little boy told me he wanted to be a firefighter when he grew up. Chills came over me and I could not hep but to shed a tear.
I am not sure where this picture originated but I love it.



7 comments:
This was a great post, katy. great pictures. and i am glad you got that money! i do believe in karma, that's for sure! :)
Goose bumbs took over me ... love this post!
I was sweating bullets as David was born 9/10 (4 years later but still...I didn't want him to have a birthday on what will be a very solem day for a long time).
A similar thing happened to me waiting in line at Toys R Us one day. There was only one line open and several people had been waiting awhile. Finally they opened another register and I was the first to get there as I was last in line. I decided to let the girl who was originally ahead of me, go in front of me. When I checked out I was randomly selected to get $3 off my next purchase if I filled out a phone survery on my most recent visit!
Second the goosebumps. That was a fantastic post.
Very nice post. Good pic of Little D reading too.
Great post Katy. It's amazing how such a life-altering event hits even closer to home when you have family members who are firefighters and police officers. I can't imagine!
That was so sweet of you to share a buck with the girl behind you. So many others would have just moved ahead as she went back to her car to get some more money.
Have a ball with your 12 pack. Are you planning to do any blogging under the influence??? LOL! That would be a great read!!
Hey girl...loved this post. You are the THIRD person in two days that has told me they got unexpected money in there mail boxes this week. WHERE THE HELL IS MINE???? LOL! That rocks. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment