My reign as acting GM while my boss was on vacation has come to an end. This was the first time in who knows how long it was free from catastrophe. Nobody quit. Nobody was fired. The building is still standing. All my numbers were great and so far no guest complaints!!!!
Monday Applebee's kicked off the Alex's Lemonade Stand fundraiser. My Staff was a huge help getting the store decorated for the big event. "What is Alex's Lemonade Stand" you might be thinking. It is an organization that raises money for children's cancer research. please check them out at http://www.alexslemonade.org/ and see Alex's story. Here is what we did!
The first stand was placed in front of the bar service window.
Monday Applebee's kicked off the Alex's Lemonade Stand fundraiser. My Staff was a huge help getting the store decorated for the big event. "What is Alex's Lemonade Stand" you might be thinking. It is an organization that raises money for children's cancer research. please check them out at http://www.alexslemonade.org/ and see Alex's story. Here is what we did!
The first stand was placed in front of the bar service window.
The pictures really does not do it justice!!

Jo'Elle, Destiny and Regina man the stand to help get donations!
The first day we raised $117 smackers!!!
I did not want to spend crazy amounts of money on the decorations. A few bottles of paint, sponge brushes, yellow construction paper and crepe paper went a long way. We have paper lemons all over the front with stats regarding childhood cancer and the web address. The kids hung the crepe paper all over the place!! I was so stoked when out marketing director came in and said that we had the BEST decorations she had seen!! Yea for US!! For every $5 donation we get we give our guest a coupon for $5 off their next Carside order! Different Applebee's are doing different was of fundraising. Check out your local Applebee's. I know most of you have one or two within a few miles of where you work or live. Heck there are over 1,900 locations world wide!! Oh and we are not selling the Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity.
Jo'Elle, Destiny and Regina man the stand to help get donations!
I did not want to spend crazy amounts of money on the decorations. A few bottles of paint, sponge brushes, yellow construction paper and crepe paper went a long way. We have paper lemons all over the front with stats regarding childhood cancer and the web address. The kids hung the crepe paper all over the place!! I was so stoked when out marketing director came in and said that we had the BEST decorations she had seen!! Yea for US!! For every $5 donation we get we give our guest a coupon for $5 off their next Carside order! Different Applebee's are doing different was of fundraising. Check out your local Applebee's. I know most of you have one or two within a few miles of where you work or live. Heck there are over 1,900 locations world wide!! Oh and we are not selling the Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity.



4 comments:
This is such a great cause, katy. I love alex's story and her courage. what an awesome kid she was. very cool that y'all are raising money for this cause.
I love what you've done with the place-the new blog lay out looks so groovy! nice colors!!!
I noticed the colors too! Very bold. Nice decorations at the Applebees.
I like the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity. Shame you aren't going to serve it. :)
I love how you put some of the letters backwards to make it look like a child's handwriting. I remember hearing about Alex (on Oprah maybe?). I read on the website that since she started her first stand $12 million has been raised to fund a cure for children's cancer...that is amazing. What an inspiration.
I saw her on Oprah as well. Your decorations were awesome. Good for you on a job well done! Hope you have a less stressful week coming up!
Post a Comment