Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Trip to the Big City

Last weekend we packed up the Dodge and headed to the big city to see my brother and his family. As you know Mike and his wife Tara had Evan on 12-12-06. We headed out Friday morning. I was hoping that we would be on the road by 9 but we left just after 11. After two stops, and super slow Henry county traffic we made it there around 5:00. Derrick G was very excited to meet all the family. I was excited to see them all again. Tara you look great!!!!!!! I could not believe how much Evan has grown. That night, we all went to dinner at this super Italian restaurant. My brilliant self somehow packed my bright orange makeup bag instead of the black formula bag. Good thing there was a Pulbix next door. Thank you again Mike and Tara for dinner.






On Saturday my dad and his wife Jackie drove down to spend the day with all of us. Derrick was so happy to see his granddaddy again. He was just smiling away at him. Nana Jackie was thrilled there was another baby she could be a Nana to. After a great dinner Mike and Tara had made for us, Tara and I dressed up the boys in the matching outfits. We did buy the froggie butt sleeper together. The other outfits happen to be a coincidence.

On Sunday Mike had to work. Dad and Jackie came back over and hung out till we headed out to the new GA Aquarium. Tara, Evan, Derrick, Derrick and I all had great fun there.There was so much there to see, I think Little D liked it the few times he was awake. His eyes were wide open when we were checking out the reef. I can not wait till the boys can really see and understand the displays.

After the aquarium, we met up with some friends of ours from college. We stopped in to a Mexican restaurant in the highlands for a bite. Kelly is keeping busy with work and with Kevin and his musical endeavors. Kevin has a new band that was featured on TBS's Storyline.Check them out on http://www.jacksoncountyline.com/

2 comments:

Chris said...

You guys seem to be doing well on your outings now. Good for you! Heard you all had a nice time together. I know the babies had fun. Very cute pics! Your son is SO cute!

Katy S. said...

Thank you!!!!