Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Welcome Margery!!

This last weekend was a busy one. On Friday Derrick's step mother flew into town. It was great to have he here. We had not seen her since the wedding in September 2005. She was so happy to meet out little man. On Saturday we all packed up the Dodge and headed to Drexel Park where the seventh annual Azalea Festival was being held. I love how the city plans the festival the exact week the Azaleas look the best. Anyway, the festival has many vendors from all over selling super yummy food and some of the most creative crafts.

Marge, Derrick and Derrick


There was a booth that sold embroidered cloth diapers for spit cloths with the cutest sayings like "Party at my crib 3 AM" and "if you think I am cute you should see my dad" I fell in love with the one that read:

The design was super cute too. Marge was kind enough to get it for us. Thank you! I wish I was that creative to think up things like that. I can barely thread a needle. I am improving on that. I did buy myself a sewing machine for Christmas.

Anyway Marge left us on Monday. Little Derrick and I drove her to the airport. I was hoping that he would be awake enough to see the airplanes but we were not that lucky. After saying goodbye we went up to my restaurant to eat lunch. Amber and Katie, two of my girls, were there too for lunch and joined us. Derrick was awake foe the ladies. We hung out there for a few hours and saw a good few of the staff. They all are not surprised on all the hair Derrick has after watching me eat Tums like candy for the last 2 months. I was glad to be out of the house for a few hours.

Derrick, Amber and Katie

1 comment:

Tara said...

He's already flirting. He is cute!