Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Hands Are Full

Here we are now with a 3 week old little man. I fall in love more and more every day. I know it has been a while from the last time I sat down and typed up my daily activities. I will give you all a basic recap.

Feed him, burp him, change him, hope he goes back to sleep, pump, wash bottles and repeat.

My dad finally made it out of the hotel that Wednesday and stayed with us until the following Saturday. He was a super help. Big Derrick started back to work and having my dad there was such a great help. He was up with Little Derrick if I was not. Boy was Little Derrick up. Dad just sat up with him rocking him in the recliner, patting him on the back, you know all the things granddaddies do. Dad spent a great deal of time in the kitchen. He cooked so many great meals. I wish I was half the cook my dad is. Each night was an adventure. One night dad said that we should get out of the house for dinner just Big Derrick and I. We had to refuse. Dad's cooking was better than any mass produced chain (don't tell my boss I said that).


Derrick and I did have a little outing on our own while my dad was here. We were able to go to Kevin and Lisa's wedding. The wedding was great. Kevin was my roommate for about three years and was one of the groomsmen in our wedding. Kevin and Lisa had dated fro 5 years and he decided to make a honest woman out of her this past fall. Congratulations!!

Derrick's mom came in this weekend. I am happy she did. I was not sure if I could handle 3 days in a row with Derrick at work. She drove up from south Florida Friday and has spent almost every moment with Baby Derrick in her arms. I left the house for the first time by myself today. I am scared to death to leave the house with baby in tow solo. I was able to get some groceries and make a trip to Target. I was happy to be out of the house and away from the baby, but that lasted about 30 minutes. I kept looking at all the other babies out on a Saturday afternoon and began to miss my little one. Baby Derrick's grandma will head back out Sunday and his step mom will be here next weekend. I do not think my guest room as seen so much action.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Enjoy all the visitors! You will get there with taking Baby D out. Good luck on not packing too much stuff as we constantly do though when you do go out with him. Glad you posted something new!

Chris said...

Good to see you're settling into mommyhood and finding time again for your BLOG. Good luck on your new title. Congrats again on baby D. You will soon be out and about with him in tow every where. Don't worry. Sometimes we drag Lindsay around so much I feel guilty. Like maybe I should get home so she can take a real nap etc. LOL! ENJOY this precious time with your son and all the family! Can't wait to see some new photos too.