Can I call it homecoming if l live here?
Last weekend was VSU's homecoming. There was stuff going on all week but we made it to a parade and a concert on the lawn. I know all of you that even looked at a picture of VSU's campus knows what a great front lawn it is. Man, the grass is made of silk and there was not a single bug to be found.!! Expect Mine!!
Last weekend was VSU's homecoming. There was stuff going on all week but we made it to a parade and a concert on the lawn. I know all of you that even looked at a picture of VSU's campus knows what a great front lawn it is. Man, the grass is made of silk and there was not a single bug to be found.!! Expect Mine!!
it got a bit cool outside thus the non-matching clothes, I had to put her in a frog jacket and peach striped pants all over her blue flowered dress a combo of the 2 back up outfits i have for her!
Anyway, the parade was, let me just say, sad. There were only a few organizations that participated in it, that is including the Greek. I only saw 4 of the candidates for queen, a couple Greeks, International Studies and Gay Straight Alliance. So Disappointing...
can you just see the joy in the girls faces??
Derrick had fun with candy...
Leah got a paper flower...
After the parade we set up camp with another family to hear the concert. The kids jumped endlessly in the bounce houses. Who was playing??? A band that was hot when I was a student.. Sister Hazel. Opening act Ocean Street.
We hung on the lawn dancing with the kids. Never in a million years when I was in school I thought I would be one of the moms out on the lawn dancing with their kid, and now I am. PROUDLY!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment