Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Daytime Television

I have to say I have been caught up in all the oh so wonderfully interesting realm of daytime TV. For the most part is is just on for the background noise. Some shows are a daily. Sesame street, Doodlebops and Barney are just to name a few. When Rachel Ray comes on it is most likely time for DG3's nap. I do have all the listed shows in DVR in case we sleep in or get up too early.

I never thought I would be a fan of Barney but we are. That plump purple thing does "teach" kids to be kind and to be creative. I love how there are 100+ pleases and thank you's and how you can turn a cardboard box in to anything. Doodlebops are ok. I like the newer episodes better. The old ones are VERY REPETITIVE in content. The music and dancing is what keeps DG happy.

Anyway, I am disturbed buy the amount of crap that is on. There are half a dozen Judge Whatever that are just a disgrace to the Judaical system. I just know there are folks out there watching these shows and getting ideas on how they can sue others and continue to sit at home and collect money. Come on already!!!!!!!!

Talk shows are a dime a dozen. You see the same actors/writers on promoting their hot new whatever on each one of them. I do occasionally swap Ellen and The View's first 15 minutes. I love watching Elizabeth get all pissed off! and looking so dumb in the process!! As for the rest of the show, not so much. Derrick does like to watch Rachel because she cooks stuff, but mostly to fall asleep with.

And my last concern is this new show the Dr.'s. This show freaks me out. Like I said, I am not really full on watching this, I am only catching bits and pieces. To the uninformed, uneducated person these folks can scare the crap out of them. TV diagnosis??? Come on folks. Read a book! Research the Internet. Call your own doctor if you have medical questions!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I agree 100% about the doctors...that show is crapola. Daytime tv pretty much stinks that's for sure.