Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A New Venture

I have to agree with the lovely Jenny McCarthy about hoping to deliver a 50 pound baby. In roughly 13 hours it will be an 8 week birthday for Little D and according to the short term disability time to cut off my check. I am perfectly healthy to go back to work (so they say). I am glad the Federal government thought differently and granted us 12 weeks away from work, granted, they are not required to pay you. I am going back in 8 days. I just got way off the subject I was heading for.


For the first time in almost 8 years is I did something rather shocking. I went to the gym (YMCA). There are a few reasons why. The main reason is I am a chubby chubby. I KNOW I KNOW "YOU JUST HAD A BABY" Here is the catcher I had and 8 pound baby not a 50 pound bag of potatoes. I have lost over 20 from the day I left the hospital. There are still at least 30 if not 40 left to shed off. 50 would put me at wedding weight, I got super thin for the wedding. On my first day to the gym I took a tour of the Y with a super fit blond named Tiffany. Tiffany will be my "personal trainer". Today Tiffany showed how to use all the cardio equipment. When did the equipment get so hi tech??? After class I hopped on the treadmill and walked for an hour. I felt great except for the Jello leg feeling as soon as you step off.

I hope to go in the mornings big Derrick is at work. I will already be up with little Derrick. I have began walking around the hood with him in the Snugglie. That is a work out and he really loves it.

Thant is all for today fellow bloggers and other random strangers.

BTW: No word from the restaurant

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have started working out again myself. I think it is the beautiful weather that finally got me motivated!

Chris said...

GOOD FOR YOU for jumping back in so soon! Sorry you are faced with heading back to work already. It's not fun I can tell you but you'll adjust. Some days are better than others!

Keep us posted on your progress at the gym! I'm doing weight watchers myself and struggling to hit 15# mark. I gained two pounds this last week so I'm bummed out today. My weigh in was last night. I'm pretty sure it was the peanut butter m&m's I was snacking on last week in a stress moment.

Anonymous said...

i guess i am a random stranger! :)
that picture of your son in the upper right hand corner is the cutest dag-gum baby picture!! he's a doll!

Tara said...

You're doing better than me. I need to work out and drop the baby weight myself. I have no excuse anymore. Good that you're taking the steps there. Maybe I'll get some inspiration from you.