Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It had been a long time

I had this picture on an E Mail sent from Kevin and had to share. Things have been busy around here that is why I have not blogged in quite a while. I will give you the run down.
1. Still going to the Y 3 to 4 times a week for at least an hour.
2. Went to Florida for Easter weekend. We were in Tampa on Thursday and hung out with Jamie, Jenna and Jenna's parents that night. Had lunch with Chadd, Melissa and Rylee Friday after noon before heading to Ft. Lauderdale. Friday night John and Arrianna came to the house to see the baby. Saturday Derrick's mom hosted a dinner party for the family to meet her grand son. I will post some pictures later.
3. I started back to work. My DM transferred me to the other store because some managers had left the company while I was on leave. I kind of thought it was going to happen. I was told on Tuesday at 5 PM. I started work Thursday at 10AM. My GM was super mad on the short notice. Do not worry I have the same job title. Bitter sweet move. Dropping Derrick George off was hard. I did not cry that day because I had been crying the 2 weeks before. I was leaving and Sylvia was holding him as I was walking out the door I told him to be a good boy and he REALLY cooed OK. I know he was just making noise but it was cool.
4. I did hear back form the management of the restaurant and he wants to send me some passes to come back. I had expected that but here is the kicker. He wants me to call him before I come in so he can make sure my visit is good. Why should I have to call to make sure that my visit will go well?????????

4 comments:

Tara said...

I don't get the calling the manager first to make sure your visit is good. He just wants to kiss butt!

Glad things are going okay.

Heather said...

I hope the return to work gets better - it's hard enough, but sudden changes don't help.

Keep up the good work at the gym, I still haven't been able to get into an exercise routine.

Anonymous said...

3-4x a week! Wow, you have great motivation...could you spare some?

Chris said...

Good job on your workouts! Now you're over the hump of the hard first day back to work. Hang in there. Lindsay cried when I dropped her off at daycare the last two times. I usually just pick up. She's ten months on Friday and that's that seperation stage. It's SO easy to leave them when they don't seem to mind. Today I stayed and spied to see how long she cried. She stopped in under five minutes. When I peeked through the observation glass she was still waving bye, bye at the door. SO SWEET! It took EVERYTHING in me not to run in there and scoop her back up!
Oh, I say go back and ask for that manager after you're there and have drinks....don't call ahead. You don't owe them anything!