The other night I joined some friends for dinner at a local restaurant. I am not going to name the place because that is not super important. What is important is good service. All 4 of us had a great dinner and some partook of happy hour. Our server was a nice guy who was very friendly. Heck he was waiting on 4 hot women. Like I said he was great till the end. Three of us paid in credit cards and one in cash. One thing a server should never, never ask is “Do you need change?”Guess what the server did. Yep "Do you need change?". The correct thing to say would be” I will be right back with your change” and as a guest you can simply say “keep the change”. The server who asks you if you need change is just rude. Back to the story, he returned promptly with the credit cards. All three of our cards were properly charged but he left us with one pen. We all singed the slips and continued to finish our conversations regarding all the celebrity gossip. Two were still sipping on the happy hour cocktails. Within a matter of minutes,2 to 3, the young man came back to the table and took the credit card slips WHILE WE WERE STILL SITTING THERE!!!!!!!! I was on fire. My friends were unhappy with that move as well. They said I was just suffering restaurant withdraws.
Last night Derrick and I went to dinner with some friends. As we were being escorted to our table some random woman stopped me in my tack and told me “You better enjoy my dinner because it will be last hot meal you have before that baby comes. You look like you are going to blow” How rude.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It's probably a good thing you aren't working right now. The waiter does sound rude. If you were working, I can see you re-training every server at your store.
I used to wait tables and I agree 100%. Nothing is ruder and the tip definitely goes down based on that! What dorks. Obviously, no one taught them the real way to make good tips.
Post a Comment