OK here it goes. I have no clue what I am doing here. I do know that it is almost 1:00 AM and i can not get comfy to sleep. If you are reading this you are probably related to me and know that I am now 4 days away from delivering a baby boy. Delivering? HMMMM. Where did that term come from when referring to child birth? The mail carrier delivers the mail, the UPS delivers packages, a woman delivers a baby. There is one big difference in the women and the UPS and mail carriers. The UPS and the mail carriers do not have to tend to the mail after they drop it off. The woman/mother does. We as women give birth, have babies, or as lovely as it sounds from a movie (I can't remember the title right now) "squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of an opening the size of a lemon" and people want to call it delivery.
OK do not get me wrong here, I am excited, anxious and nervous of bringing a life into this world. I did not mean to come off as rude or insensitive, just a little funny.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hee hee...I think the movie was "Look Who's Talking", but not sure...welcome to the blogging world!
I love your first post! Very insightful. Glad you're blogging. If nothing else, it's another outlet for baby frustration (if you get that sort of thing). I can't wait until unnamed baby gets here!
girl-not rude at all. childbirth sucks. but yours will be great. so welcome to the blogging world!!
oh, and just warning you about the backdrop of this blog. i love it-the polka dots and all, but i originally started with this background and it screwed with the words in my blog so i had to change it..just sayin'...
oh, i am a blogger bud of tara's by the way, not a weird blog stalker, i swear! :)
Post a Comment