skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Thanksgiving

We are wishing all of you a great weekend. Good luck to all of you nuts who are getting up at the crack of dawn or not even going to sleep to hit the "big sale"!!Turkey day was a great one. Our group of friends are far from your 9-5 Monday- Friday working crew. They are all the great professions that run for the 9 to 5. Most every year we all manage to be each others family for Thanksgiving. This year began with a rumor that 2 were gonna have dinner at the Cracker Barrel and I just could not have that. We have all been friends for many years and have done thanksgiving together, why change. On Tuesday afternoon (2:30), while i was stuck in pure HELL in Atlanta traffic returning from MADONNA (had a mega blast), I got the call that turkey day was game on and was asked what to bring!! YEA I AM THE HOSTESS THIS YEAR!!! Seriously, no sarcasm there, i was so happy at the thought! Just a bit ill prepared. After what normally took 3.75-4 hours took 5.5 actual driving hours home. I began planning. I was scared to death that I would not have a bird defrosted in time. For the first time ever I went shopping with both kiddos in tow Wed AM and found defrosted turkeys!!! Long story, short, Turkey, can cranberry, green beans, broccoli casserole, bread, and post roast and Apple pie-Me, Squash casserole, mashed potatoes, dressing, apple strudel, the frying of the turkey, pecan pie- My Friends.Bless all of you across the miles.
4 comments:
Ummm that all sounds yummy even as leftovers! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sounds like you had great food. Hated the drive back to VSU back college especially in traffic. Hope you had a happy one.
I wish I would have gotten to see you this time around but I will see you in a few weeks! I'm glad that you all will be able to come up again. It sounds like you had a good Turkey Day. Maybe we will have a early mini-Christmas while everyone's here.
Good friends for the holidays are the best. Sounds like a great holiday.
Post a Comment