Thursday, April 09, 2009

Here I Am

I am back online. Due to all the weather related issues here in south GA, I have been off line for the last week. Last Thursday, just before a big storm, lightning surged the big metal phone line box. With us being the only people on this box we were not exactly a top priority. I do say i was lucky, I was on my cell with the hubby when it happened. most of the time he calls on the house phone.
We had so much rain in such a short time here there are may areas in town that are under water due to flooding. Most of south GA who uses Mediacom, lost phone, cable and Internet. Most of it has been restored. Out in the country, we only had a few hours without power one night (sucked for Derrick and the Kids, I was at work) and some minor flooding. The Lake looks great, river is way over its banks, only damage to the land. The little "creek" on the back of our property is flowing like a river.
We all have had our hands full.

2 comments:

Tara said...

At least you all are okay. Glad everything is working again.

Beckman Bulletin said...

Glad to hear your okay. Thanks for thinking Leslie looks like me.